Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Ellie | Lush & Boots Haul


For the last few months I have found my lips have been extremely dry and chapped so when I was in lush I decided to purchase one of their amazing lip scrubs. As I am not a fan of very sweet smells I decided to get Mint Julips. I have only heard good things about the lush lip scrubs but I have never bothered to try them. I've just tried it and it tastes delicious and has made my lips feel lovely and soft – I think this will so become a staple item in my makeup bag! 



I have to admit this purchase was at bit of an impulse buy, Maybelline the Rocket Volum’ Express Mascara. I have mixed views on this product, but as I have only used it twice I can’t say if it was worth purchasing.  It defiantly has “Rocket Volume” and doesn’t clump but I found the brush was too big so I couldn’t use it easily for my bottom lashes.  


La Roche-Posay Effeclar Duo has been creating a lot of excitement in the beauty world for quite some time now and the hype just keeps getting louder. I haven’t been using It long enough to decide if it really is a “miracle worker” but based on other beauty lovers opinions I’m sure I will not be disappointed. I have quite oily skin and I have heard it can become drying but judging on the majority , what do I have to lose?


I know I’m not alone when I say I love Baby Lips! Although I have read some reviews saying they were a disappointment, I personally think they’re great value for money – but at the end of the day, there just a lip balm. Some are tinted, others offer sun protection but the one I purchased, Mint Fresh, just smells nice. The packaging, although it‘s nothing fancy, is just adorable. There are definitely better lip balms out there but at £2.99, it isn't half bad.

 

I have to admit I brought this shampoo bar out of curiosity and the fact it looks a bit like a macaroon! I’m not quite sure how to use it but hopefully my hair will be left squeaky clean! It claims to add shine and simulate hair growth for healthy hair – and you know what I have high hopes for this product! It has a warm, spicy scent of peppermint, cinnamon, clove and nettle (if that’s a smell) but I personally love it, although I can be a little overpowering. I am eager to try it and might do a review once I have (only if you’d like me to).



At the moment Maybelline are really bringing the heat, however I haven’t heard much about their new Better Skin foundation but I recently ran out of my much loved Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and wanted to try something new. It has been formulated to give you “perfect” skin – to even out redness, blemishes and darkness.  I tried a little out on my cheek and I liked the feel as it applied smoothly and didn't feel heavy. It gave medium coverage and blended nicely although because there range of colours were limited I found it was slightly to dark for my skin but I’m sure a dusting of powder will fix it.

I have used the collection lasting perfection concealer previously and loved it. It has to be without a doubt my most repurchased beauty product ever- it comes in four different shades, fair being the very lightest - and the shade I use. I couldn’t find it at first but then I notice the packaging had just had a facelift. It has quite a thick consistency , making it great to cover blemishes and lasts for most of the day – although I wouldn't say it lasts the 16 hours the packaging claims.

Hope you enjoyed this post
Lots of Love 
Ellie
-x-
May the 4th be with you!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12141655/?claim=4rra55g97sx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment